Friday, September 2, 2011

The End

I would give this book an A. This is probably one of the best books I’ve ever read, maybe because I can relate to it extremely well. One dislike about this book was that the opening plot was extremely boring. I put the book down several times just because I couldn’t get into it. The book starts out with Jay obsessed with this girl. He keeps writing her poetry and drooling over her. But then the book got exceptionally good, to where I never wanted to put it down! I loved how I could feel how the character felt. Since this book is written as a journal, reading it is like getting into the main character’s head. It’s almost like you are Jay! I can’t really choose a favorite part, mainly because there are too many to pick from, but I really did enjoy when Jay was being possessed and haunted by a demon named Raul. Jay’s Journal really made me think about my life and how blessed I should be. This book made me realize that family is everything, and your faith is very important. Family is the ones most of the time that will always be there for you. That was not the case with Jay. He felt as though he had no one, and when he met Pete that’s when his behavior started to change. He became interested in witchcraft, and that is when his life went downhill. He got heavy into drugs and would hallucinate a lot. Jay believed he was being possessed by a demon for a while. He felt there was no other way out and decided to commit suicide. Of course his family felt as if it was there fault, but when they found his journal and read through it they found out a lot about their son that they never knew. They knew he was dealing with some problems. His parents did not realize the extent of his various problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment